Diaspora Division of the Embassy is responsible for raising the level of awareness and understanding among the Diaspora and mobilising them to take part in Ethiopia’s development activities. The division, inter alia;
- Conducts interactive meetings and group discussions with Diaspora members and provides further clarifications on issues raised by the Diaspora Community; encourages and assists the Diaspora to participate in business and investment activities in Ethiopia;
- Facilitates knowledge and technology transfer initiatives, by establishing linkages with relevant institutions in Ethiopia; undertakes efforts to encourage the Diaspora to open Foreign Currency Diaspora Accounts in Pounds Sterling (GBP), US Dollars and Euros;
- Facilitates a productive and meaningful synergy between the Diaspora Civic, Professional, Community and Development associations with their local counterparts, institutions and development organisations in Ethiopia; Coordinates the overall activities associated with the Ethiopian Grand Renaissance Dam Bond purchase;
- Identifies challenges and opportunities associated with the existing policies and directives related with the Diaspora overall engagement in Ethiopia;
Knowledge and Skills Transfer Programme
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopian is looking for Ethiopian professionals from around the world who would like to participate in the Knowledge and Skill Transfer Program in the country. This invitation is to all Ethiopians in the Diaspora to contribute their services where the consultancy and educational knowledge transfer are needed. Participants in this program will receive compensation in living expenses, housing allowances and travel expenses etc. The Embassy of the FDRE in Canberra strongly believes the transfer of knowledge and skill will impact the development of Ethiopia. In this regard, the participation and contribution of Ethiopians and Ethiopian born Citizens in this program will play crucial role in the development of the nation and we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity.
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Diaspora Policy (English) The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Diaspora Policy (Amharic)
Diaspora Bank Account
Ethiopian News now available online
The Embassy of Ethiopia in Canberra would like to inform the Ethiopia Community in Australia and New Zealand that the Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation(EBC) has launched Television and Radio program distribution via Internet Streaming.
These programs include seven television channels( ebc1, ebc2,ebc3,Amhara TV, Tigray TV, TV Oromiyaa and ESTV), as well as three radio channels( FM Addis 97.1, CBC National radio and Amhara radio).
In order to receive these services, it is important to have a ROKU Internet Streaming device. ROKU is available from 50 American Dollars.
The Embassy of Ethiopia would like to encourage all memebers of the Ethiopian Community in Australia and New Zealand to watch and/or listen these services to get up to date information about Ethiopia.
የእያንዳንዱ ክልል ዝርዝር መረጃዎች
የሀረሪ ክልል የቤት ግንባታ ፕሮግራም መመሪያ
29 June 2015
A message to all holders of an expired Ethiopian Origin ID Card.
In December 2014 the Ethiopian government introduced a late fee for those who do not renew their Ethiopian Origin ID Card prior to the expiry date on their ID card.
However, the Ethiopian Government has announced a temporary amnesty for those wishing to renew their expired Ethiopian Origin ID Card. All ID Card renewal applications that are received before close of business on Thursday 6 August 2015 will not be charged any late fees.
The applications must have physically arrived at the Embassy and been received along with all required documentation mentioned on this website before the close of business on the 6 August 2015. All ID Card applications received after 6 August 2015 will be charged late fees according to the relevant directives.
- Late fees will be charged from the day after the ID Card expires, not the day the amnesty finishes.
- All expired Ethiopian Origin ID Cards may be renewed, however, those who have already lodged their applications with late fees will not be receiving a rebate.
ሰኔ 22 ቀን 2007 ዓ.ም
የአገልግሎት ጊዜው ያበቃ የኢትዮጵያ ተወላጅነት መታወቂያ ካርድ ለያዛችሁ ትውልድ ኢትዮጵያዊያን በመሉ
ከታህሳስ 1 ቀን 2007 ዓ.ም( እኤአ ድሰምቤር 10, 2014) ጀምሮ የአገልግሎት ጊዜው ያበቃ የኢትዮጵያ ተወላጅነት መታወቂያ ካርድ የያዙ የኢትዮጵያ ተወላጅ የሆኑ የውጭ አገር ዜጎች መታወቂያቸው እንዲታደስላቸው አገልግሎት በሚጠይቁበት ወቅት የቅጣት ክፍያ እንዲከፍሉ መደረጉ ይታወሳል።
ሆኖም ግን የቅጣት ክፍያው ተግባራዊ ከመደረጉ በፊት የመሸጋገሪያ ጊዜ መስጠት የታመነበት በመሆኑ የአገልግሎት ጊዜው ያበቃ የኢትዮጵያ ተወላጅነት መታወቂያ ካርድ የያዙ ትውልድ ኢትዮጵያዊያን እስከ ሐምሌ 30 ቀን 2007 ዓ.ም( እኤአ ኦገስት 6, 2015) ድረስ ከቅጣት ነፃ የተወላጅነት መታወቂያ ካርዳቸውን እንዲያሳድሱ እና ከነሐሴ 1 ቀን 2007 ዓ.ም( እኤአ ኦገስት 7, 2015) ጀምሮ ቅጣቱ ተግባራዊ እንዲሆን ተወስኗል።
በመሆኑም በአውስትራሊያና ኒውዝላንድ ነዋሪ የሆናችሁ እና የአገልግሎት ጊዜው ያበቃ የኢትዮጵያ ተወላጅነት መታወቂያ ካርድ የያዛችሁ ትውልድ ኢትዮጵያዊያን በሙሉ እስከ ሐምሌ 30 ቀን 2007 ዓ.ም(እኤአ ኦገስት 6, 2015) ድረስ የመታወቂያ እድሳት አገልግሎት ጥያቄያችሁን ለኤምባሲያችን እንድታቀርቡ እየገለጽን፣ ከነሐሴ 1 ቀን 2007 ዓ.ም( እኤአ ኦገስት 7, 2015) ጀምሮ ቅጣቱ ተግባራዊ የሚደረግ መሆኑን በአክብሮት ለማሳሰብ እንወዳለን።